Google has announced that SEO Encryption is an important SEO factor in ranking your website keywords. If your website design was built using WordPress platform, here are some easy steps on how to migrate your website from HTTP to HTTPS to make it more secure.
- First of all buy your first SSL Certificate and activate it. You can buy SSL Certificates from here.
- Subscribe to a dedicated IP address in your web hosting account to link with your new SSL Certificate.
- Prepare and map current HTTP urls to HTTPS.
- Update your sitemap to the new https structure.
- Ensure that all “rel=canonical” tags within your HTML point to HTTPS pages.
- Install and activate the two WordPress Plugins: SSL Insecure Content Fixer and WP Force SSL.
- Check and monitor your website URLs with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.
Please note that there will be fluctuations initially but in the long run it will be beneficial and show positive results for your website.